Fall quarter dates: September 25 – December 10, 2023. Download the Fall 2023 schedule or click on the link to the right (Course Schedule)
For further information and to register please call or text Frances Ina Cohen at (310) 741-9669.
Why study Italian at the Italian Cultural Institute in Los Angeles? The Italian Cultural Institute of Los Angeles has entrusted the management of its Italian language and culture courses to Lingua Viva, a Californian non-profit foundation that promotes Italian language and culture Italian language courses and workshops.
Students choose the Italian Cultural Institute in Los Angeles because:
- Studying Italian at the Institute means learning a language thanks to a vast range of courses from elementary to advanced level, both in person and online, as well as thematic courses (Contemporary Italian Cinema, Conversation, Cooking, Introduction at work, Lectura Dantis, Italian Literature, Italian through song, Italian for travelling, History of Art);
- The Italian Cultural Institute of Los Angeles, in agreement with the University of Siena, organizes exams related to the issue of the CILS diploma certifying the knowledge of Italian as a foreign language on dates established by the University itself; the Institute offers a CILS B1 prep class.
- Lessons are taught by professionally qualified native speakers;
- They come into contact with a dynamic and culturally stimulating environment and receive information and invitations relating to events organized by the Institute and by institutions with which the Institute collaborates;
- They can access free of charge the loan and consultation of the material present in the Institute’s library and media library and in the digital library and newsstand offered through MLOL;
- They can benefit from scholarships to attend the numerous summer language schools in Italy.
- They receive a free digital subscription to L’Italo-Americano Newspaper.